Re: Hide the code from users postgres

От akp geek
Тема Re: Hide the code from users postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you all for the responses. I got a requirement from my boss that I need to give read only access to only tables , so that users can write some queries. At that time, he also mentioned that the users should not see the code. I read the document , but not able to figure out how to do that and then posted the question for the help.

Regards

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Allan Kamau <kamauallan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps (I could be wrong here), there may be a way (even though I
> don't really support the obfuscation, vendor lockup etc... idea).
> 1)Use a commercial DB (as mentioned previously), they seem to have
> provided for this.
> 2)Use PostgreSQL and write all code into C functions and complied to a
> given PostgreSQL installation.

You could do that. It's not exactly productive to write/rewrite all
your functions in C if pl/pgsql will work though, plus it means you
need to compile separate binaries for each for each platform your
customers use, and upgrades can no longer be pure SQL scripts, as
you'll also need to ship new object files and install them on the
database server.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company