Re: Git conversion status

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Git conversion status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 18:47, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Done.  The commit hook seems to be a bit verbose about that sort of
>>> thing ... is it worth trying to collapse the pgsql-committers messages
>>> into one email?
>
>> I was thinking the same thing, until I realized that pushing a whole
>> boatload of tags at the same time is probably going to be an extremely
>> rare event.
>
> True.  We will be creating four or five tags at a time during
> back-branch update cycles, but those might well arrive in separate
> pushes anyway, depending on how Marc chooses to arrange his workflow.

I could look into if it's possible to group the tags together if they
come in a single push. I'm not entirely sure it's possible (I don't
know if the commitmsg script gets called once in total or once for
each), but I could look into it.

However, I agree with Robert I doubt it's worth it. I definitely don't
want to group the commits together, and then suddenly tags and commits
are handled differently...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/