Re: How to inherit search_path from template

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: How to inherit search_path from template
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Phui Hock <phuihock@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> How can I create a database template with altered search_path to be
> inherited by child databases? Say, I created a template named
> template_a with the following commands:

It doesn't really work that way -- GUC values are global,  not per
database.  You can however set them on the role and use them that way
-- that will probably work in your case.  Just make a role for each
database.  Another thing you can do is have your app immediately set
your search path upon login -- not a connection pooler friendly
approach though.

merlin