Re: libpq: binary data vs textual

От Вячеслав Блинников
Тема Re: libpq: binary data vs textual
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The claw "no, it wont switch." is enaugh. I think it's a good manner to use some default settings - will read textual data.
Thanks!

16 января 2011 г. 18:11 пользователь Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net> написал:
On 01/16/2011 09:07 AM, Andy Colson wrote:
On 01/16/2011 08:13 AM, Вячеслав Блинников wrote:
Database returns information from "integer" and "biging" fields as
text (values represented as string which must be read via
atoi()/atol()) - is there a way to retrieve such data as binary? Will
not PostgreSQL suddenly start return information in binary format
(while I will continue read it as text)?

I assume you mean using libpq.

0) yes, you can get it as binary.
1) no, it wont switch.
2) you get to specify what format the server will return info, when you use PQexecParams().

See the paramFormats argument.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/libpq-exec.html#LIBPQ-EXEC-MAIN

-Andy

I assume you mean using libpq.

Oops.  libpq, right in the subject... Jeez... sorry about that.

-Andy