Re: Automating PostgreSql table partition using triggers

От Amitabh Kant
Тема Re: Automating PostgreSql table partition using triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 2:40 AM, Viktor Bojović <viktor.bojovic@gmail.com> wrote:
when creating dynamic query try to store it completey as string because you will not be able to change tableName (i havent been doing that for a long time , so possibly i can be wrong).
to "exec" or "execute" command you have to pass the query as parameter.
it would look like this

declare sql as varchar;
Field2=new. testing_name;
Field1=new.testing_id;
sql:='insert into tableName'||id||' (testing_id,testing_name) values ('||Field1||','||quote_literal(Field2)||')';
exec(sql);