Re: wCTE behaviour

От Hitoshi Harada
Тема Re: wCTE behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/11/14 Marko Tiikkaja <marko.tiikkaja@cs.helsinki.fi>:
> On 2010-11-12 8:25 PM +0200, I wrote:
>>
>> I'm going to take some time off this weekend to get a patch with this
>> behaviour to the next commitfest.
>
> .. and a wild patch appears.
>
> This is almost exactly the patch from 2010-02 without
> CommandCounterIncrement()s.  It's still a bit rough around the edges and
> needs some more comments, but I'm posting it here anyway.
>
> This patch passes all regression tests, but feel free to try to break it,
> there are probably ways to do that.  This one also has the "always run DMLs
> to completion, and exactly once" behaviour.

Could you update wiki on this feature if you think we've reached the consensus?
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WriteableCTEs

Also, wrapping up the discussion like pros & cons on the different
execution models helps not only the advance discussions but also
reviews of this patch.

Regards,

--
Hitoshi Harada