Re: Why No WHERE clause for INSERT statements

От Maurice Gittens
Тема Re: Why No WHERE clause for INSERT statements
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> All that stuff is buried in the "query" option.  You can do something
> like
>
>        INSERT INTO table SELECT ... WHERE ...
>
> so the full power of SELECT is available already.
>
>                        regards, tom lane

Thank you Michael, Tom; I must have missed the nonterminal symbol
'query' in the syntax rule;

Kind regards.
Maurice

От: Thom Brown
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql's table & index compared to that of MySQL
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql's table & index compared to that of MySQL