Re: Missing Bug-Report #5904?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Missing Bug-Report #5904?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 14:34, Torsten Z=FChlsdorff
<foo@meisterderspiele.de> wrote:
> Hello Andres,
>
>>> Now for the Problem: There is a problem with the translation of the
>>> english word "March" to the german "M=E4rz". Instead of "M=E4rz" i get =
"M=E4Rz"
>>> (with uppercase "r").
>>>
>>> You can reproduce it as follow:
>>> # SET lc_time =3D "de_DE.UTF-8";
>>> # SELECT to_char('2011-03-04 00:00:01'::date, 'TMMonth YYYY');
>>> =A0 to_char
>>> -----------
>>> =A0M=E4Rz 2011
>>>
>>> I did not find the translation file for this, so i can't add a patch or
>>> check for other misspellings.
>>>
>>> My System:
>>> PostgreSQL 9.0.3
>>> FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE
>>
>> Thats very likely a problem of your operating systems locales. What
>> spelling does the month have if you construct it with `date` or such?
>
> Done directly at the bash on the same system:
> $ date +%B
> March
> $ =A0export LC_TIME=3Dde_DE.UTF-8
> $ date +%B
> M=E4rz
>
> And in PostgreSQL:
> # SET lc_time =3D "de_DE.UTF-8";
> SET
> # SELECT to_char(current_date, 'TMMonth YYYY');
> =A0to_char
> -----------
> =A0M=E4Rz 2011
>
> I also can reproduce this at a FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE.

IIRC, the FreeBSD locales at least used to be pretty much broken for
UTF8. Can you try and see if you get the same problem in a non-UTF8
locale?

--=20
=A0Magnus Hagander
=A0Me: http://www.hagander.net/
=A0Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Сообщение: Re: Missing Bug-Report #5904?
Сообщение: Re: Missing Bug-Report #5904?