Re: postgres patch for autovacuum error in postgres

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: postgres patch for autovacuum error in postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 2:38 PM, tamanna madaan
<tamanna.madan@globallogic.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am using postgres-8.1.2 . I am getting the below error while autovacuuming
> template0 database :
>

> Due to some reason I don’t want to upgrade to  postgres-8.1.6.

There are very very very few good reasons to not want to upDATE to the
latest minor version.

I understand that maybe in the past, some big software vendor shoved
out updates and bug fixes and changes in behaviour with each minor
upgrade  PostgreSQL is NOT LIKE THAT.  Minor upgrades from 8.1.2 to
8.1.21 are safe bets, and you'll be fixing bugs you haven't even had
to deal with yet

Seriously, just update to 8.1.21 and be done with it.