Re: Hit by the out of memory killer last night

От Bryan Murphy
Тема Re: Hit by the out of memory killer last night
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Ben Chobot <bench@silentmedia.com> wrote:
> Any advice?  What should I be looking for?

Any particular reason you are running the OOM killer on a database server? Why have the kernel set to overcommit memory in the first place?

Simply an oversight.  That being said, it does not explain WHY we are seeing such a memory usage pattern.

Thanks,
Bryan