Re: Case Sensitivity

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Case Sensitivity
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2011/1/13 Phillip Smith <phillip@softworks.com>:
> Thanks Pavel,
>
> Is this the only way?. I would prefer to use a collation setting if this is
> possible. Do you know whether there would be a performance hit using non
> standard character strings?

It is preferred way. PostgreSQL doesn't support a collations, and what
I know collation in 9.1 will not allow a comparation between case
sensitive and case insensitive text, because collation in PostgreSQL
is based on unix locale, and there are not case insensitive locale.

I don't know about performance problems. It does same work like case
insensitive collation.

Regards

Pavel Stehule