Re: Scheduled maintenance affecting gitmaster

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Scheduled maintenance affecting gitmaster
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:39, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<Stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
> On 02/14/2011 10:09 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 07:13, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
>> <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:

>>> yeah - the hosting company managed to reboot the box for us which brought it
>>> back to life in the middle of the night (with both magnus and me asleep).
>>
>> Indeed. But the good news is that once it came back up, the VM with
>> the git server started ok :-)

>>> yes it is - however we will need to schedule another maintenance window soon
>>> to finish the stuff we actually wanted to do.
>>
>> So, after some discussion with Stefan, we (well, I guess I) decided we
>> should just go ahead and declare the maintenance window not closed
>> yet, and finish off the upgrade right now :-) Given that the majority
>> of our commits don't happen now, we'll hopefully have it done by the
>> time the US folks wake up again.
>>
>> So, maintenance window again, starting now, and we'll let you know as
>> soon as we're done. And we're definitely hoping for the machine to
>> come back up properly this time :-)
>
> and it did not... We are trying to figure out what the actual problem
> here really is because it seems to boot just fine when powercycled just
> not with a software initiated reboot.
> We will notify once we have more information...

Status update on this - Stefan is currently working with the
datacenter people on getting this fixed (they are now available
on-site), since we are now having an actual issue with the machine
(GRUB failure on boot) rather than just a failure to shut down.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/