[NOVIE] raise notice not working for nested function calls

От Siddharth Saha
Тема [NOVIE] raise notice not working for nested function calls
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

I call a function which in turn is calling another function. In the both the functions there is a RAISE NOTICE command. But the RAISE NOTICE is working(printing to the console) only for the first function and not for the function called from within the main function.

Furthermore, I tried to insert the message in the RAISE NOTICE's message in the second function into a table. And then I call the main function. Then also it does not insert into the table.

Essentially, I want to print the query which is formed in the second function and it depends on the parameters which the main function is passing to it. Returning the query formed to the main function and printing it is not a feasible solution in my case.

Please suggest how to accomplish this.

Your help is appreciated.

-Siddharth