Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
>> On May 31, 2010, at 7:40 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>> I was going to propose ==> across the board.
>
>> What about -> ?
>
> hstore already uses that for something else.
>
> Robert's idea isn't a bad one if we're forced to rename the operator.
> I'd still like to know exactly how hard the concrete has set on the
> SQL spec draft, first.  (Peter?)

Given the way hstore uses ->, another reasonable choice might be -->

That way we'd have -> and --> instead of -> and ==>

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Сообщение: Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature
Сообщение: Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature