Re: Proposal: plpgsql - "for in array" statement

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Proposal: plpgsql - "for in array" statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/9/28 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
>> 2010/9/28 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>>> But I guess you could get around that if you had to by putting the ARRAY
>>> expression inside parens, and it would be a pretty darn unusual case
>>> anyway.  So this is probably the best choice.
>
>> I don't agree - There isn't reason for complicating proposed syntax.
>
> Yes, there is.  The syntax you propose is flat out ambiguous: there are
> two possible legal interpretations of some commands.  That's not
> acceptable, especially not when it's so easily fixed.

what are you thinking? The subquery cannot be interpreted different.
There are not possible use a isolated subquery as query. And subquery
have to return one row, one column.

Pavel

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: plpgsql - "for in array" statement
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: plpgsql - "for in array" statement