Re: Hiding data in postgresql

От Peter Hunsberger
Тема Re: Hiding data in postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Hector Beyers <hqbeyers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow, this is really an idea I can work with.
> I know this is getting really brainstorming, but do you think it is possible
> to apply steganography (hiding data in pictures) tactics to the columns of a
> database?

If by that, you mean a variation on my original reply, then yes, but
you'd need at least one column that did not necessarily have contents
that looked like normal text.  This column would work as some form of
offset pointer into the other columns.  The result wouldn't
necessarily require much in the way of a reconstruction algorithm, but
if not it would likely also be fairly easy to figure out if someone
stumbled across your scheme.

If you want the truly secure variation on this then use some public
key / private key scheme in conjunction with this (in particular, ECC
could be pretty fast and have a small key size), so that some portion
of this is encrypted.  However, if you're doing that, you might as
well just encrypt the data directly...

--
Peter Hunsberger

Сообщение: Re: Hiding data in postgresql
Сообщение: Re: Hiding data in postgresql