Re: 64-bit pgbench V2

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: 64-bit pgbench V2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>>
>> It doesn't seem very palatable to have multiple handwritten integer
>> parsers floating around the code base either.  Maybe we should try to
>> standardize something and ship it in src/port, or somesuch
>
> I was considering at one point making two trips through strtol, each allowed
> to gobble 10 characters, then combining the two--just to cut down a little
> bit on the roll your own parser aspects here.  I hadn't really considered
> how the main server does this job though.  If there's something reasonable
> to expose by refactoring some code that's already there, I could take a stab
> at that.  I'm not exactly sure where the integer parsing code in the server
> that would be appropriate is to break out is at though.

Take a look at int8in.  It's got some backend-specific stuff in it ATM
but maybe it would be reasonable to try to fact that out somehow.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: 64-bit pgbench V2
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.