Re: PG_DUMP very slow because of STDOUT ??

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: PG_DUMP very slow because of STDOUT ??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Andras Fabian <Fabian@atrada.net> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> Although I can't guarantee for 100% that there was no RAID rebuild at some point, I am almost sure that it wasn't the
case.Two machines - the ones which were already in production - exhibited this problem. Both of them were already up
forsome weeks. Now, the reboot rather "fixed" one of them instead of making it worse (as your theory goes this way) the
problem"disappeared" (but I don't know for how long). Now, only one of the production machines has the issue ... the
onewhich wasn't rebooted. Strange, strange. Nevertheless thank you for your idea ... this is exactly the way I try to
approachthe problem, by making some theories and trying to prove or disapprove them :-)
> Now I will try to further investigate along the tips from Craig and Greg.

Was there maybe a kernel update that hadn't been applied by reboot?

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: "attempted to lock invisible tuple" error while update
От: Andras Fabian
Сообщение: Re: PG_DUMP very slow because of STDOUT ??