Re: Partial indexes instead of partitions

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: Partial indexes instead of partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 14 June 2010 13:24, Leonardo F <m_lists@yahoo.it> wrote:
>> For "inserts" I do not see the reason
>> why
>> it would be better to use index partitioning because AFAIK
>> b-tree
>> would behave exactly the same in both cases.
>
> no, when the index gets very big inserting random values gets
> very slow.

Hm, interesting. Could you please provide some references/links?

--
Sergey Konoplev

Blog: http://gray-hemp.blogspot.com /
Linkedin: http://ru.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp /
JID/GTalk: gray.ru@gmail.com / Skype: gray-hemp / ICQ: 29353802

От: "A. Kretschmer"
Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to backup Postgres via SQL commands?