Exception while accessing database

От Manohar Bhattarai
Тема Exception while accessing database
Дата
Re: Exception while accessing database
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
This problem was initially asked to pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org and I was suggested to ask this problem here.
So my initial problem was that i was not able to set the Driver for postgresql. I solved that problem with the help there.

But I have a new exception and it is :
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"

I am giving the line for connection that i am using :
connection = DriverManager.getConnection(connectionURL, "postgres", "mypasswordhere");

But the password is the same that i use to login postgres user in the terminal.
What could be the problem?

I am using (Linux)Ubuntu 8.04 as OS, Postgresql is 8.3, java is jdk1.6, using Eclipse as IDE, and trying to make a project in jsp.

My problem is that I had installed postgresql8.3 successfully. and after some search on the google gave me some configuration details which i followed. But I am not able to understand how to start creating a new user and a new database after a fresh installation of postgres.

 Can you provide me with come details to how to create a new user and new database after a new installation of postgres?

If you need any more details i will provide them. Please help me solve this problem.
--
Regards,
Manohar Bhattarai (मनोहर भट्टराई)