Re: List traffic

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: List traffic
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 May 2010, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
>> Simon Riggs wrote:
>>>
>>> Traffic on the PostgreSQL lists is very high now and I freely admit that
>>> reading every email is simply not possible for me, even the ones that
>>> mention topics that keyword searches tell me are of potential interest.
>>>
>>> If anybody knows of a bug or suspected bug in my code, I have no problem
>>> in being copied in on mails so that I can see the issues exist. I do not
>>> promise to respond to every mail I'm copied on, though, but it at least
>>> helps me manage the fire hydrant.
>>
>> [ email only to hackers;  admin and general email lists removed ]
>>
>> I completely understand the problem of keeping up with the email lists.
>> Because you are a committer, I hope you will be able to monitor
>> post-commit feedback for patches you apply.  Other than that, I can
>> collect bug reports related to your work and ask you to review a web
>> page occasionally.  However, it is hard to do this during beta because
>> the bugs usually need to be addressed quickly.
>
> If list traffic, especially on -hackers, is getting so large, should we look at maybe splitting it?  I could easily
enoughsplit things such that I duplicate the subscriber list, so nobody would have to subscribe, but it would make it
easierfor ppl to filter their incoming ... ?

Can we *PLEASE* not go down that route again?

We already have way too many lists. Making more of them will just make
things more annoying, because people will just end up crossposting
everywhere so people don't miss it.

There are good client-side (or cloud-side) tools to handle priorities,
etc, that works much better.

> Not sure where the split would be, mind you ... almost thinking about patch review / discussions vs hashing out new
featuresor something like that ...

We just *discontinued* -patches.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Partitioning/inherited tables vs FKs
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Partitioning/inherited tables vs FKs