Re: Hosting without pgcrypto functions. There are other solutions?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Hosting without pgcrypto functions. There are other solutions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Andre Lopes <lopes80andre@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an account in A2Hosting.com, and I'm developing some functions that
> deal with encryption.
>
> A2Hosting.com don't have available the function "digest()"
>
> [code]
> ERROR:  function digest(unknown, unknown) does not exist
> LINE 1: select digest('ffff', 'sha1')

I bet the crypto library is built/installed -- you just need to
install the functions.   Try this:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION digest(text, text)
AS '$libdir/pgcrypto', 'pg_digest'

If that fails then start thinking about plan 'B'.

merlin