Re: locking issue on simple selects?

От Tobias Brox
Тема Re: locking issue on simple selects?
Дата
Re: locking issue on simple selects?  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: locking issue on simple selects?  (Brad Nicholson <bnichols@ca.afilias.info>)
Список pgsql-performance
On 15 September 2010 15:39, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> An exclusive lock will block selects too.  Have you looked into pg_locks
> for ungranted lock requests?

Well - I thought so, we have a logging script that logs the content of
the pg_locks table, it didn't log anything interesting but it may be a
problem with the script itself.  It does an inner join on
pg_locks.relation = pg_class.oid but when I check now this join seems
to remove most of the rows in the pg_locks table.  Does it make sense
at all to join pg_class with pg_locks?  I will ask the sysadm to
change to an outer join as for now.