Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 12:04 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> Huh?? The evidence that this bug is linked with HS is that it occurs
>> on a server running in HS mode, and not otherwise.  As for whether the
>> bug is code I committed, that's certainly possible, but keep in mind
>> it didn't work at all before IN HOT STANDBY MODE - and that will be
>> code you committed.
>
> I'll say it now, so its plain. I'm not going to investigate every bug
> that occurs on Postgres, just because someone was in HS when they found
> it.

Fair enough, though your help debugging is always appreciated
regardless of whether a problem is HS related or not. Nobody's
obligated to work on anything in Postgres after all.

I'm not sure who to blame for the shouting match over whose commit
introduced the bug -- it doesn't seem like a relevant or useful thing
to argue about, please both stop.

>  there is no need
> to comment on every thread.

This is out of line.

--
greg

Сообщение: Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Сообщение: Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful