Re: SQL/MED - core functionality

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: SQL/MED - core functionality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 23:38, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On the other hand, I don't really see any advantage to allowing rules
>>> on foreign tables - ever.  Unless there's some reason we really need
>>> that, my gut feeling would be to rip it out and forget about it.
>>
>> views, updateable views?
>
> We already have those.  They have their own relkind.  Why would we
> need to duplicate that here?

We need RULEs or INSTEAD OF TRIGGERs to support updatable foreign tables.
Do you suggest to define a wrapper view if we want to create an updatable
foreign table? I think users don't like such kind of wrappers.

--
Itagaki Takahiro

Сообщение: Re: SQL/MED - core functionality
Сообщение: Re: SQL/MED - core functionality