Re: Using streaming replication as log archiving

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Using streaming replication as log archiving
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> When I ran that, the size of the WAL file in inprogress directory
>> became more than 16MB. Obviously something isn't right.
>
> Wow, that's weird. I'm unable to reproduce that here - can you try to
> figure out why that happened?

Sorry, I overlooked the single-digit figure in the result of "ls -l".
To be exact, the size of the WAL file in inprogress directory can be
less than 16MB. Here is the result of "ls -l inprogress".

$ ls -l inprogress/
total 1724
-rw-rw-r-- 1 postgres postgres 1757352 Sep 29 12:03 000000010000000000000003

This also would be problem since the WAL file smaller than 16MB cannot
be used for recovery. I think that pg_streamrecv should create 16MB
file with zero at first, and write the received WAL records in that, as
walreceiver does.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao