Re: How to know if an INSERT is done inside a function?

От Andre Lopes
Тема Re: How to know if an INSERT is done inside a function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

The function will run in the php-cli, in a CronJob, it is not for use in a PHP webpage. I think doesn't matter the extra time that takes to run.

Best Regards,

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
2010/7/4 Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Andre Lopes <lopes80andre@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Great! That [begin exception end] is what I need!
>>
>> Thank you Pavel.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>
> Just a quick heads up: functions with exception handlers tend to be
> more expensive than those without, even if the exception doesn't fire.

yes, better to use prepared statement and read diagnostics info from PHP

Pavel