Re: Optimizing postgresql.conf for dedicated windows server 2003 x64 standard edition

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Optimizing postgresql.conf for dedicated windows server 2003 x64 standard edition
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Andrus <kobruleht2@hot.ee> wrote:
>>> Will it set optimal configuration so that manual editing of
>>> postgresql.conf
>>> is not required ?
>
>> It will generate a starter configuration, that will be based on your
>> selected workload type and machine resources. That may be fine for
>> your needs, or you may need to tune it to more precisely meet the
>> needs of your actual workload. It doesn't claim to eliminate the need
>> for any future manual tuning.
>
> How to configure automatically Linux and Mac servers ?

Run the tuning wizard on them?

> How to configure remote servers where only port 5432 is open ?

You can't.

> Why pgAdmin postgresql.conf editor does not contain automatic configurator ?

Because it can't examine the server spec remotely through libpq, and
because noone wrote it yet. And I'm not sure we'd want it in pgAdmin
anyway as such functionality is somewhat outside the realm of what
pgAdmin does.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com