Re: git: uh-oh

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: git: uh-oh
Дата
Re: git: uh-oh  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: git: uh-oh  (Max Bowsher <maxb@f2s.com>)
Re: git: uh-oh  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> I believe Robert had some comments/questions as well :-)

What Magnus means is that I'm a grumpy old developer who complains
about everything.

Anyway, what I noticed was that we're getting stuff like this:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=git-migration-test.git;a=commit;h=586b324c255a4316d72a5757566ebe6e630df47e

commit 586b324c255a4316d72a5757566ebe6e630df47e
Author: cvs2git <>
Date:   Thu May 13 16:39:49 2010 +0000
   This commit was manufactured by cvs2svn to create branch 'REL8_4_STABLE'.
   Cherrypick from master 2010-05-13 16:39:43 UTC adunstan 'Abandon the use of       src/pl/plperl/plperl_opmask.pl

We're not getting that on EVERY back-patch, just on some of them.  I
really just want to turn this code to detect merges and cherry-picks
OFF altogether, so that we get the original committer and commit
message instead off the above.  It's much easier to read if you're
browsing the back-branch history, and it's probably easier to match up
commits across branches, too.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company