Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5650: Postgres service showing as stopped when in fact it is running

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5650: Postgres service showing as stopped when in fact it is running
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 19:50, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Does this actually solve the *problem*, though? The problem is not
>> what is reported  on stdout/stderr, the problem is that the net result
>> is that the server is reported as not started (by the service control
>> manager) when it actually *is* started. In this case, stderr doesn't
>> even go anywhere. What happens if you *don't* Ctrl-C it?
>
> I was just going to post on that.  :-)  Right now, it prints the FATAL
> and keeps printing 60 times, then says not running.  Should we just exit
> on FATAL and output a special exit string, or say running?

From the perspective of the service control manager, it should say
running. That might break other scenarios though, but i'm not sure - I
think we can safely say the server is running when we try to log in
and get a password failure.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/