Re: Add support for logging the current role

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Add support for logging the current role
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:
>>> The payoff
>>> (getting %U) seems quite out of proportion to the potential downsides
>>> of making a change of this type at this late date.
>
>> I'd be happy to go back to the original patch/idea of just the simple
>> addition of %U as an option for log_line_prefix.  I'd be quite
>> frustrated to not have *any* way to log the current role in 9.1.  I
>> don't think anyone is going to be too bent out of shape that we can't do
>> it with CSV initially, so long as we agree that we'll try and add that
>> for 9.2.
>
> Given that this has been like this right along, I don't see why it's
> all that urgent to force a half-baked solution into 9.1.  I'm also
> concerned that if we do do that, you'll lose motivation to work on
> cleaning it up for 9.2 ;-)

Trying to arm-twist people into working on A before we're willing to
give them B doesn't necessary serve us very well.  I'd rather leave
the problem of making the CSV format more flexible to someone who is
really motivated to work on *that problem*, whether that person ends
up being Stephen or not.

Just my $0.02.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: pageinspect's infomask and infomask2 as smallint
Сообщение: Re: pageinspect's infomask and infomask2 as smallint