Re: Support on Postgres Database Corruption

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: Support on Postgres Database Corruption
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 8:38 AM, botak <botak75@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear sirs,
>
> Referring to the matter above.
>
> For your information, we are a government agency and been hosting a
> management system since 2006. The system was developed with Postgres Sql =
and
> PHP in Centos Platform. Recently, after a power failure, all the latest d=
ata
> from system were missing and the system starts to redirect to older data.
> However we manage to find the location of the missing data but failed to
> rejoin to system as it seems to be corrupted.
>
> I hope you can solve the problem.
>
> PostgreSQL 7.4.8 on i686-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.4.3
> 20050227 (Red Hat 3.4.3-22)

Hi,

Can you please give some more info so someone can help you?
1) where do you "find the location of the missing data"? and how were
you trying to rejoint it?
2) how do you determine it is corrupted?
3) it gives you some error messages? which one?

4) How old is the data that you loss?
5) are you aware that you have to have write-cache disabled on your
disks in other to assure the data get it to the disk?
6) how frequent are you executing VACUUM?

--=20
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Soporte y capacitaci=C3=B3n de PostgreSQL