Re: Single quotes vs. double quotes when setting a pwd and other cmds

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Single quotes vs. double quotes when setting a pwd and other cmds
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

ANSI SQL uses double quotes only for SQL identifiers. For literals are
used single quotes.

like

SELECT col AS "some strange sql column identifier", 'some string
value' FROM "some strange sql table identifier"

so for case sensitive or strange (is keyword, contains space) sql
identifiers use double quotes, for string constants use single quotes.

some other database uses [] or ` .

Regards
Pavel