Re: Fwd: What do these terms mean in the SOURCE CODE?

От Vaibhav Kaushal
Тема Re: Fwd: What do these terms mean in the SOURCE CODE?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks for your concerns about my question. I am really happy to get the answers. <br /><br /> @Mr. Tom Lane: Thanks
foryour explanation but I am already using Eclipse which gets me to the definitions real easy. I do not post my
questionson the Hackers forum with any intention to disturb anyone. I just ask for help when I am not able to
understandit all. PG is my first attempt at OSS development so it is particularly difficult. Of course PG has great
supportfor us because almost everything has got its comment, elaborating its use / importance. However since I don't
knoweverything yet about PG or even about the OSS development, I come here asking. I have never been in so much of code
withso many Data Structures and typedefs. It gets confusing very easily. This is the reason I came here asking. <br
/><br/>I ask here after I have done my homework; and after I get messed up with the code. Moreover the comments are
thoseof developers. So when someone says that "expression does not match qual" in the code, it is not so clear to me as
itmight be to you people; because you know the terms, I don't. Thanks for all the support I have been getting here to
allof you. I will try to ask as less as possible from now on. <br /><br />@Mr. Dimitri Fontaine: Thanks for telling me
thename of the tool. But I like the GUI interfaces more and Eclipse has been serving me well for browsing (only) the
sourcecode. I do not fear command line / shell but prefer GUI more. Thanks for your answer. <br /><br />-Vaibhav
style="margin:0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;"><div class="im">Tom
Lane<<a href="mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us">tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us</a>> writes:<br /> > Here's my single biggest tip
fornewcomers to the Postgres source:<br /> > if you don't use ctags, glimpse, or some other tool that can quickly<br
/>> show you all references to a given identifier, go out and get one.<br /> > It's one of the easiest ways to
itsintegration into Emacs which is called xcscope.el --- I<br /> wouldn't have been able to come up with the extension
 C-cs d               cscope-find-global-definition<br />  C-c s s               cscope-find-this-symbol<br />  C-c s f