Re: Suggested "easy" TODO: pg_dump --from-list

От Joachim Wieland
Тема Re: Suggested "easy" TODO: pg_dump --from-list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> It would be unique, but a pain in the neck for users to get. Robert's idea
> will have more traction with users.

Whatever approach we use, we need to think about the use case where 1%
of the objects should be dumped but should also make sure that you can
more or less easily dump 99% of the objects. Roberts use case is the
1% use case. Especially for the 99% case however, pg_dump needs to
create a full list of all available objects in whatever format as a
proposal so that you could just save & edit this list and then delete
what you don't want instead of writing such a list from scratch.

Joachim