Re: GiST insert algorithm rewrite

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: GiST insert algorithm rewrite
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I think you need to refactor the operation so that there's one WAL
> record per child page, or something along that line.  I concede this
> might be diffcult :-(

If it's only the backup blocks that matter couldn't you generate noop
WAL records with just the full page image in them. Once all those are
generated then generate the actual split operation and since all the
pages have been written to wal since the last checkpoint they won't
need any backup block slots.

This would require surpressing any checkpoints between writing the
first backup block and the final operation record. That might be
pretty hard to do cleanly.

--
greg

Сообщение: Re: initdb failure with Postgres 8.4.4
Сообщение: Re: initdb failure with Postgres 8.4.4