Re: Problem with temporary tables

От Andrea Lombardoni
Тема Re: Problem with temporary tables
Дата
Re: Problem with temporary tables  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> You need to use EXECUTE for the INSERT statement as well per error:
>
> CONTEXT:  SQL statement "INSERT INTO idmap (oldid, type, newid) VALUES(1,
>  1, 1)" PL/pgSQL function "test" line 16 at SQL statement

Thanks, this works and solves my problem.

Still, I find this behaviour to be rather quirky.

Ideally the generated query plan should notice such cases and either
report an error or use the version of the temporary table currently
'live'.

At least this quirk should be highlighted both in the plpgsql
documentation page
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/plpgsql-overview.html
and linked from the CREATE TABLE page
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/sql-createtable.html

I will propose these changes in the appropriate mailing lists.

Have a nice day!

Сообщение: Re: Problem with temporary tables
Сообщение: Re: Problem with temporary tables