Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 6:12 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
> from what I can see upstream libedit actually has utf8 support for a while
> now (as well as some other fixes) but the debian libedit version (and also
> the one of other distributions) is way too old for that so maybe most of the
> issues would be mood if debian updated to a newer libedit version...

There's utf8 support and then there's utf8 support. last I saw libedit
didn't actually stop you from using utf8 and things kind of worked,
but none of the editing commands understand what the multibyte
characters were or understood what column position you were in so you
could easily end up deleting half a character or with the insertion
point in the middle of a character.

--
greg