Re: createlang plpythonu fails on 64bit windows

От Massa, Harald Armin
Тема Re: createlang plpythonu fails on 64bit windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
For the record:

> Should'nt plplython.dll be a valid win32_x64 application when being loaded
> into PostgreSQL 64bit? Could this be the source of the error? (as in:
> "plpython.dll is 32 bit, PostgreSQL is 64bit, so no loading of 32-bit-module
> into 64-bit-process?)

plpython.dll is unlikely to be 32bit unless you're using the 32bit
Postgres build (it's built along with the rest of the server, so...).
What version of Python do you have? A quick glance at the build script
shows we're using 2.6, and we always use the ActiveState builds.

so, as in IM with Dave:

it destilles down that 64bit PostgreSQL needs a 64bit Python installation on the machine, as plpython.dll pulls in python26.dll; which is found within the path.

I installed Python (64bit edition) in parallel to an existing 32bit version, and the 32bit keeps working despite the c:\windows\system32\python26.dll is a 64bit library ...

(at least up to now)

PostgreSQL accepts the createlang command for plpython when Python 64 bit is present.

Harald

--
GHUM GmbH
Harald Armin Massa