Re: relaxing sync commit if no WAL written (was Re: unlogged tables)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: relaxing sync commit if no WAL written (was Re: unlogged tables)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 07:33 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:

>> > This will break Hot Standby, as previously explained. Don't.
>>
>> Uh, why?  Skipping the commit record altogether would do that, but
>> this patch doesn't do that.
>
> I was looking for XLogStandbyInfoActive()
>
> It isn't there, so you're either breaking HS or missing a possible
> optimisation. Having said that, it would be useful to be able to assume
> that all xids appear in the log, for diagnostic purposes.
>
> So I now agree with the way you've coded it.

OK, thanks.  Committed.  Note that there is also a long comment in
there which includes a discussion of the issues relating to Hot
Standby.  Hopefully that's clear enough to prevent anyone from getting
too clever with this in the future.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company