Re: patch (for 9.1) string functions

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: patch (for 9.1) string functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/7/21 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:
> It is about 2% slower for UTF8 encoding. So it isn't significant for me.
> I agree with your changes. Thank You very much

Thanks. The core-part is almost ready to commit.
I'll continue to review the contrib part.

But I found there is a design issue in format() :
Appending a '%' is common use-case, but format() cannot append
% char without any spaces between placeholder and the raw % char.

itagaki=# SELECT format('%%%', 10), format('% %%', 10);format | format
(1 row)

It is a design issue, and RAISE in PL/pgSQL has the same issue, too.
Do we accept the restriction? Or should we add another escape
syntax and/or placeholder pattern?

--
Itagaki Takahiro