Re: Streaming replication as a separate permissions

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Streaming replication as a separate permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 14:51, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>> > So what your suggesting would actually defeat the purpose of having the
>> > new privilege. Unless we trust in a new, untried method. Hmmm.
>>
>> No, it doesn't.
>>
>> In my experience, most DBAs will connect with their DBA account
>> (usually the superuser, yes..) to run pg_start_backup() and
>> pg_stop_backup(). That's no reason to let the slave sever run with
>> superuser privileges all the time...
>
> Remember the standby's superuser id is exactly the same as the main
> server's superuserid. So unless you are going to stop the standby from
> knowing its own superusers there's no huge benefit there. Is that what
> you mean to do?

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you mean by that.

You will certainly be able to log into the standby with a superuser
account, nobody is preventing that. This is about protecting the
*master*. For example, from modifications made by a user who hacked
the standby.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/