Re: Identify Login User & Permissions

От Richard Broersma
Тема Re: Identify Login User & Permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Carlos Mennens
<carlos.mennens@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't find in the docs or using Google how one can identify which
> user is currently logged in to psql. I search for the command that if
> for some reason I forget which user I am logged in as, rather than
> logging out of PostgreSQL, there has to be a command that shows me who
> I am and also what kind of special permissions my current user has.
> Can anyone please assist me or point me in the right direction?

I don't have the entire answer.  But here is a place to start:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/functions-info.html

Note that there is a slight distinction between current_user and session_user.

postgres=> select user, current_user, session_user;
 current_user | current_user | session_user
 broersr      | broersr      | broersr
(1 row)

--
Regards,