Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 09:26 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

>> > Here is the updated version. I added the above-mentioned check
>> > into the patch.
>>
>> This looks pretty reasonable to me, but I guess I feel like it would
>> be better to drive the CancelBackup() decision off of whether we've
>> ever reached PM_RUN rather than consulting XLogCtl.
>
> That is exactly what XLogCtl tells us and why it is suggested for use.

Sure.  My only point is that the postmaster doesn't (and can't) use
that method of getting the information at any other time when it is
needed, so I don't know why we'd want to use it in just this one case.Maybe there's a reason, but it's not obvious to
me.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company