git config user.email

От Robert Haas
Тема git config user.email
Дата
Re: git config user.email  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Re: git config user.email  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org>)
Re: git config user.email  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
We need to decide what email addresses committers will use on the new
git repository when they commit.  Although I think we have more votes
(at least from committers) for always having author == committer,
rather than possibly setting the author tag to some other value, the
issue exists independently of that.  I believe we want to try to set
things up so that committers will not need to change the email address
they are using to commit even if their employment situation changes.
Because if that happens, then it becomes more difficult to keep track
of who is who.

My initial suggestion was to say that everyone should just be
username@postgresql.org; but I think that met with some resistance.
Magnus, for example, tells me that he is a committer for multiple
projects, and is magnus@hagander.net at all of them.  Since that's a
domain name he owns personally, it seems safe enough.  But I'm
inclined to think we should avoid things like rhaas@commandprompt.com,
just on the off chance JD decides to fire me.

Of course, I expect there might be some dissenting voices on this
point, so... thoughts?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company