Re: pg_dump(all) --quote-all-identifiers

От Alex Hunsaker
Тема Re: pg_dump(all) --quote-all-identifiers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 18:35, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

*Waves* Hi!

Patch looks and tests good to me.  Only thing that seemed to be
missing was documentation of the new pg_dump(all) and guc params.
Find attached a stab at this.  Yeah the docs I added need work, but I
figure if you are anything like me its easier to work/tweak from a
(crappy) base...  At least with docs :).  I also bumped the version
check to 90100 from 90000.

For testing I dumped one of my production schemas that has over
something like 1000 relations and lots of indexs and junk. (~ 1.4MB
for a schema only dump).  I also tried some custom types just because
I was curious.

Everything worked as expected.

> PFA a patch to implement $SUBJECT.  One interesting aspect of this
> patch is that types like "integer" and "double precision" don't get
> quoted in the output, whereas types like "text" do.  But it turns out
> that types like "integer" and "double precision" don't *work* if
> they're quoted, so this is not a bad thing.  It might possibly be
> judged to require documentation somewhere, however.

IMHO I don't think additional documentation for the above is needed.
*shrug*  But it does make me wonder if there is some subtle way for it
to break if we somehow did call quote_ident with "integer".  Not that
I saw anyway for this to happen...

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE SET STATISTICS requires AccessExclusiveLock
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE SET STATISTICS requires AccessExclusiveLock