Re: add label to enum syntax

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: add label to enum syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 25 October 2010 21:31, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> LABEL is already an unreserved keyword, and I'm pretty sure that's all
>> we'll need.
>
> The only reason it's a keyword is the SECURITY LABEL patch that went
> in a month or so ago; which is syntax that might still be thought
> better of before it gets to a release.
>
> But I seem to be in the minority, so I'll shut up now.
>
>                        regards, tom lane

In mathematics (and I think also computer science), the term
conventionally used the refer to the things in an enumeration is
"element", so how about ADD ELEMENT?

The label is just one of the ways of identifying the element, and the
value is element's OID. The thing you're adding is an element, with
both a label and a value.

Regards,
Dean