Re: What's wrong with this query?

От Mike Christensen
Тема Re: What's wrong with this query?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom, sorry to be a total n00b, but can you give me a few more pointers?

I've noticed if I swap the two "tables" around, like:

FROM plainto_tsquery('quiche') query, Recipes R

then it works..

So are you saying that a JOIN can only refer to itself and the last
table on the FROM list?

I actually hate multi-table FROM clauses (I never use them, which is
why I'm unfamiliar with this behavior.  I'd love to just add a JOIN on
the plainto_tsquery function, however when I try that, it won't let me
refer to it on the SELECT clause thus I can't get the rank..  I guess
what I'm asking is what's the best way to write this particular query
:)

Mike