Re: Tracking latest timeline in standby mode

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Tracking latest timeline in standby mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 5:08 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> I finally got around to look at this. I wrote a patch to validate that the
> TLI on xlog page header matches ThisTimeLineID during recovery, and noticed
> quickly in testing that it doesn't catch all the cases I'd like to catch
> :-(.

The patch added into the CF hasn't solved this problem yet. Are you planning
to solve it in 9.1? Or are you planning to just commit the patch for 9.1, and
postpone the issue to 9.2 or later? I'm OK either way. Of course, the former
is quite better, though.

Anyway, you have to add the documentation about this feature.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center