Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Itagaki Takahiro
<itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any activities in JSON data types for the next commitfest?

I'm leaning toward the view that we shouldn't commit a JSON
implementation to core (or contrib) for 9.1.  We have at least three
competing proposals on the table.  I thought of picking it up and
hacking on it myself, but then we'd have four competing proposals on
the table.  Even if we could come to some consensus on which of those
proposals is technically superior, the rate at which new ideas are
being proposed suggests to me that it would be premature to anoint any
single implementation as our canonical one.  I'd like to see some of
these patches finished and put up on pgfoundry or github, and then
consider moving one of them into core when we have a clear and stable
consensus that one of them is technically awesome and the best thing
we're going to get.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company